To all of the members and guest of Gethsemane Baptist Church, your health and safety is our first priority. We are taking every precaution to safeguard our house of worship from the COVID-19 Virus. Our trustees are following the Center for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) guidelines for cleaning and sanitizing building and we have installed hand sanitizing stations throughout. In addition to this, we are updating our emergency preparedness plan. Please begin preparing by subscribing to our emergency preparedness plan. Please begin preparing by subscribing to our Youtube channel, GBC TV and becoming familiar with the various methods of giving electronically. Please practice proper hand washing as recommended by the CDC. Also, if you are sick please respect others and stay home until you are well and join us on-line. Though we practice good hygine and respect for others around us, we also stand upon the Word of God, in Psalms 91:10, "There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling." Be safe and may God bless each of you.
Yours in Christ,
Pastor Riddick, Leadership and Staff
Update 3/14/2020 at 9:00 AM
In the wake of the recent COVID-19 Virus Pandemic, we are taking precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our members and the community at large. They are as follows:
- We are having worship tomorrow. However, we will have three services at 8:00 AM, 9:30 AM and 11:00 AM. Each Service will be one hour long. To minimize the number of people in the building at once, we are asking that members choose one service to attend. We are also asking member to sanitize their hands before entering the building.
- Our Trustees are cleaning and sanitizing our building today according to the Center for Disease Preventions’ (CDC) guidelines and will do so following each service.
- We will worship with Oak Grove Baptist Church, 2635 E Washington St, Suffolk, VA, at 3:00 PM. However, we will not be providing transportation and members are asked to drive.
- There will be three church-wide conference calls today at Noon, 4:00 PM and 7:00 PM to provide members with updates and plans going forward. Members are asked to select one time to call in. You can join the conference call by dialing (712) 770-5505 and using the Access Code: 645219.
Please continue to check your email, text messages, social media and GBC TV for the latest updates.
Update 3/14/2020 at 2:16 PM
In addition to the precautionary measures mentioned in the previous email, please consider the following...
- Our number-one priority is the safety, well-being and comfort of ALL of our members, leadership and staff. We would absolutely LOVE to see you in one of our THREE services and at Oak Grove tomorrow. However, if you do not feel comfortable, please feel free to take advantage of our live stream and electronic giving. Both can be accessed through our website gethsemanebaptist.org. You can also access the live stream using GBC TV on YouTube.
- If you or anyone in your household has a cough and/or fever, or you simply don't feel well, we invite you to take advantage of our live stream and electronic giving as well.
Again, please continue to check your email, text messages, social media and GBC TV for the latest updates.
Update 3/15/2020 10:53 AM
To keep everyone safe during the COVID-19 Virus Pandemic, all activities at Gethsemane Baptist Church have been cancelled this week and the administrative office is closed to the public. Please continue to monitor your email, text messages, social media and GBC TV for the latest updates.
Update 3/17/2020 8:10 PM
We pray that all is well with each of you as we navigate these peculiar times. There will be TWO church-wide conference calls tomorrow, Wednesday, March 18th at 1 PM and 7 PM to provide members with updated information. Members are asked to choose ONE of the times provided for their convenience.
The conference call in information is as follows: Dial In Number: 712-770-5505, Access Code: 645219
Please continue to monitor your email, text messages, social media and GBC TV for the latest updates.